4.21.2005

We are so blessed...

Sometimes, I am just overcome with emotion when I look at Zachary...I cannot believe that he is so perfect, so innocent, so wonderful...and we are so blessed to have him in our lives. It's not always easy, but I am reminded that nothing really worthwhile ever is easy...and parenthood is certainly the most worthwhile thing I have done in my life so far.

I cherish every giggle, grin, squawk and flap. The tantrums, fussing and occasional grumpiness adds a richness to my life that I never knew was lacking (even if they are somewhat frustrating at times). Watching him learn and master new skills and explore the world around him is absolutely magical.

Sometimes, I panic at how quickly he is growing up. Nine months have passed already, and it seems so much shorter than that. He is much more a little boy now than the tiny infant we so anxiously waited for 9 months ago today. When I first saw him, I didn't think I could possibly love him any more than I did that very second.

How very wrong I was.

No comments: