3.19.2005

Sleep - who needs it?

Apparently, Zachary doesn't think mommy and daddy do...his new trick is to wake up around midnite - 1AM and cry and fuss for an hour or more...unless he's being held, in which case he goes to sleep nicely--only to wake up in a fit as soon as he's put back into the crib. Ever since his ear infection in February, I'm paranoid that maybe his ears are bothering him again, and can't bear to just let him fuss himself back to sleep. So we're not getting a whole lot of sleep in our house these days.

Last nite was especially heinous...awake from 130 to almost 300 (which normally wouldn't have been bad, but I had gone to sleep LATE (midnite) because of my exuberance at discovering this blog). Writing it here, it doesn't seem so bad...but trust me, living it is another story. I propose an experiement for you if you want to see what my nites are like. Set your alarm for 1.5 hours after you go to sleep and stay up for an hour. Then reset it for 3 hours later and stay up for 30-45 minutes. Then 1.5-2 hours later get up for the day. And repeat for weeks on end.

Let me know how it works for you.

I see why sleep deprivation is such an effective torture tool. You will too.

P.S. Updates are still forthcoming...but maybe not until tomorrow.

No comments: