3.31.2005

Paging Dr. Crackenbacker...

Sleepless nites are beginning to get us down. And by us, I mean all of us...me, Chris, Zach...the dogs... It's really a mystery, what causes Zachary to wake after a few hours of sleep and then proceed to cry for hours...especially when he can put himself to sleep at the beginning of the evening with no fussing at all.

So, wondering if it was his ears AGAIN causing the problems, I took a more enlightened path today (? at least it was alternative), and took Zach to my chiropractor. Yup, I let that mean old (ok, so he's not that old) guy who delights in popping my bones in crazy ways get his mitts on my son. Before the adjusting began, Dr. Crackenbacker did check Z's ears with the otoscope (aren't you impressed that I know the name of it??), and apparently, they looked good (darn, there goes that theory), if slightly waxy.

Zachary was a natural for the chiropractic scene...he got his picture taken as a "well adjusted kid" and didn't cry once when the doctor was working on him (this is better than mommy does most times). He's down for the nite now...we'll see how things go.

And he goes back to Crackenbacker on Monday for another adjustment...which I do need to inquire about--one of Chris' co-workers took his 8 month old baby to a chiro, and they only had to go ONCE and she was cured...maybe I go to a cut rate chiro? Bargain basement back adjustments? Hmmmmm.....

We'll keep you posted.

No comments: