8.27.2008

So busy...

Wow...I barely have time to catch my breath, let alone do much else... I feel as if I am constantly a day and a half behind, buried underneath all there is to do at home and at work...but in the last few days we've had some big events happen that are worth mentioning here.

Last nite, Zac cut his finger badly enough that it warranted a trip to the hospital urgent care for glue, steri-strips and a splint. (Thank God daddy was here to deal with all the blood and panic - Z's and mine). He's doing just fine today and the splint can come off tomorrow.

Marcus started solid food tonite...just a bit of avocado while we were eating dinner...he wasn't sure if he liked it or not, but he was a good sport and got some green goo all over his face. (I'll post pics from both events when I can).

Zac is transferring to montessori school beginning next week. We went to visit one that has room for him this morning and he really enjoyed being there. I think the thing that really sold him on it, more than the plastic spiders from their current bug unit, or the puzzles of the world (he never touches puzzles at home, but worked on two while we were there), or even the other little boys there, was the playground. They have a monkey bar-type helicopter thing that he thought was just the coolest.... So, we will be bidding farewell to TC and moving on to greener pastures. Kind of bittersweet for Chris and I...I'm not sure Z understands fully what's going to happen.

Chris is extremely busy at work...working long, long days (but still taking time to come home for dinner and bedtime for the boys), and traveling a lot. Luckily, up to this point, it's mostly been day trips, but tomorrow morning he is leaving for an overnite trip (my first work morning with dual drop offs on opposite ends of town from my school), and in a couple weeks, he'll be gone for 3 or 4 days. Bless you single parents out there who do this full time...

Anyway, that's all I've got time for for now...the kitchen is full of dirty dishes, the dryer is full of clean laundry and I'm completely wiped out and ready for bed now. This whole family thing is hard work!!

1 comment:

Kristen Mouw said...

wow, keep your chin up sis! You're doing great. Love you all.