8.18.2008

Ch-ch-ch-changes

Summer is officially over in our household.

Tomorrow, I return to work for another school year, and today, Z started full time at preschool. Dropping him off this morning I felt incredible sadness...very nearly the same degree I felt dropping him off at Grams' that very first day back to work after his birth almost 4 years ago. My anxiety about his being at "school" from 730-500 every day caught me entirely off-guard...he likes it there--likes his teachers and the other kids, has adjusted to taking naps there pretty well, eats pretty well (I think) while there...but I'm struggling with the change. I'm sad that he's no longer spending days at Grams', but I also realize that getting socialized to the school setting will help him so much in the long run.

We'll grow into this new routine as we have grown into all routines...with a little time and practice, and then it will become as comfortable as the routine of going to Grams'. I know that in my head, but it just takes my heart a little bit longer to "get it." Sigh.

It should not come as a surprise to me that change is hard for my little boy. It's hard for his mommy too.

No comments: