11.09.2007

"We're having a baby..."

So last week, Zach found out that he's going to be a big brother. We haven't intentionally not told him to this point...it just seemed pretty early to start talking about it, and maybe leading to months and months of "When will baby be here?" so we just never really brought it up.

Last week after our ultrasound appointment, I went to pick up Zach as usual. Steph asked how the ultrasound went and I replied, "Good, it was wiggling all over, moving a lot" and Zach, being ever perceptive and curious as he is, said, "What wiggle?"

So I looked at Steph and said, "The baby."

"What baby?" my so smart little one asked.

"The baby in mommy's tummy."

(Insert a totally incredulous look on Zach's face here, right before he breaks into a big grin, SURE that I am just messing with him.)

He runs over to me and attempts to look up my shirt to confirm the existence of this so-called baby in mommy's tummy. A little later, he tells me that "It's just food" in my tummy. But that doesn't stop him from attempting to look up or down my shirt at any opportunity.

Since then, I think he's beginning to come to terms with the idea, altho I'm not sure he totally believes it yet. In March, he'll believe it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY baby!!

Kate said...

Hey, now... if this is a photos blog, then it only seems fair that we get to see pictures of the "up or down your shirt" at least as often as Z gets to peek... *flirt*

Yay baby! And yay ultrasound!!

Teri said...

Well, I don't want to look down or up your shirt - but I am totally happy for you guys!!! Congratulations and Zach is beautiful!!