6.22.2008

105.3

Not a great radio station I just discovered.

Not the temperature outside today.

Not how many books I read last year.

Not even my goal weight.

It was Zach's temperature reading when he returned from a birthday party at a local swimming pool. Yeah, 105.3. Knowing me, Chris didn't tell me that reading...he only told me when it dropped to a mere 104.7. We were thinking heatstroke, called a nursing line and the on-call doctor from Z's doctor's office, and they ran us thru some checks for meningitis and asked questions about his ears...turns out, it was an ear infection. Whoda thunk? He hasn't complained once about his ears hurting.

If I never see another fever that high again, it will be too soon. It was awful to see his nearly naked little body on the couch in front of a fan, covered with goosebumps, shivering like the middle of winter and to nearly burn your hand when touching his back or his head....simply awful.

At least he's on the mend today....thought all this ear infection nonsense was behind us...guess not.

1 comment:

Brandee said...

Oh my Gosh, Kim!!! How scary! I'm glad today is better. Poor, poor little buglet. :(