4.11.2008

Cellulitis

Yup. Baby Marcus has already had his first cellulitis infection and his first round of antibiotics at the ripe old age of 26 days old.

I took his sock off on Wednesday morning and noticed that his big toe was red and obviously inflamed from what appeared to be an ingrown toenail (however, let me be clear, I HAVE NOT cut his nails, so not my fault! Or anyone's for that matter). So I debated calling the doctor, called Chris for a consult and decided to call the doc. They made an appt for MONDAY at 130 which was tremendously dissatsifying....so, LONG story short, I ended up calling again later when I noticed that his toe was getting visibly worse and made an appt for that evening.

And I'm glad I did. The doctor mentioned the oh-so-frightening MRSA infection that NO mother ever wants to hear uttered in her child's presence...but he has responded very well to the two antibiotics he's on.

First illness down...innumerable illnesses to come.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Ugh, poor chicken. I'm glad there's no possibility of guilt there - that's the very best kind of childhood ailment, the guilt-free kind - but still.

Hope he heels 100% quickly! And that you do, worry-wise, too!