12.27.2007

No secrets

It's been a long standing joke in our family that my instructions to Zach are: "If Daddy or Ba (Grandpa Franklin) tell you 'Don't tell mommy,' you run straight to mommy and tell me."

Who'da thunk he was listening already?

Tonite, Zach and Chris were out shopping for my birthday and Chris told Zach, "Don't tell mommy, it's a surprise for her birthday." Zach's response was, "You say don't tell, I have to tell mama...."

So now, apparently, I need to clarify for the boy that Christmas and birthday surprises don't really fall into the "Tell Mommy right away" category....that's reserved for things like explosives and fire.

What a funny little monkey.

P.S. I'll get some picture updates up in the next couple days...well, ok by the middle of next week--we're headed to Sea World - San Diego on Saturday.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you have/had a wonderful time at Sea World!!

Brandee said...

I love him!