10.17.2005

Amazing

When I stop to think about how much Zach has learned already, I find it completely amazing. And I don't know how he has learned some of the things he has learned--like stepping over the garden hose that is in his path and off of the ground...I don't remember showing him that, yet somehow he picked it up. Feeding the dogs biscuits--and getting them out of the canister. Walking up stairs--with assistance, of course. Pushing the "light" button on the tv remote--he goes right for that button because it lights up some of the other buttons. He invents little games with his toys--like putting a ball into his halloween pumpkin and bouncing the pumpkin up and down until the ball pops out. Then he puts it back and does it again. Or the game where he likes to put a ball into one of his stacking cups and shake it around until the ball comes out. These are things he came up with on his own--no one ever showed him to do them. AMAZING.

And watching him learn new things gives me such joy--lately, his newest fascination is with light switches and turning the lights on and off... He studies things so carefully, and is so thoughtful--especially so in my opinion, given that he is only 14 months old. Maybe all 14-month olds are as thoughtful about their surroundings, I don't know...but I do know that there isn't a 14-month old who is more amazing in my mind.

No comments: