1.24.2008

17 times???

Pregnancy, while a wondrous miracle, is also unbelievably uncomfortable. Especially when one reaches 32 weeks and is easily the size of the Queen Mary (the ship, not the woman). There's the excruciating (and that's putting it mildly at times) hip pain, the back aches, the constant trips to the bathroom (oh, and the leaky bladder), the insomnia, the heartburn, the sheer exhaustion from hefting this ridiculous girth around...

And all I can think of is: SOME INSANE WOMAN HAS WILLINGLY GONE THRU THIS SEVENTEEN TIMES.

I don't get it.

Yes, children are a blessing (mostly).

And babies are cute (mostly).

And pregnancy is fun (for about a minute and a half).

But honestly, SEVENTEEN times? And I haven't even touched on the joys of DELIVERY. Maybe it's because she's younger than I. But I think it's something more deep-seated.

Like she's totally freakin nuts.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Yeah, I'll stop before my household population is higher than an acceptable classroom size, thanks.

Ugh.

Though I do find it hilarious that when you click on this post, the bar at the top of the window reads, "Lick the Cat: 17 Times." Hee hee.

Wendy said...

My cousin just welcomed his tenth.

I hope the last weeks of your pregnancy speed by...