6.10.2006

Butterflies, root beer and slides, OH MY!


June 2006
Today we took a trip to the zoo and had a wonderful time.
First, we had a bit of a snack--a hotdog and rootbeer, and Zach
"told" us that he had a butterfly land on his head
Thursday when he and I came and went thru the butterfly
exhibit... This is not exactly the truth, but I'm not sure
where he came up with it.

Z and I on the carousel.
Luckily, it was a short ride, cuz I was getting queasy.

The giraffe slide is the size of an actual giraffe...
Pretty amazing, huh?

Daddy and Z at the top of the slide

Solo slider!

Today in the butterfly exhibit, the butterflies were
especially friendly. The butterflies are from
Costa Rica and are so beautiful...currently there are
around 350 of them in the enclosure, but later in the season,
they anticipate having 600-900!!!

This one stayed on Zach's head for several minutes.
He was quite comfortable with it after the initial shock.

This is one of many that landed on Daddy.

This one stayed on my finger, touching
it with his tounge for several minutes...
which allowed us to study him carefully.

A beautiful one we saw on the way out.
All in all, a fantastic trip!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That giraffe picture is most peculiar. Its probably just me, but it certainly appears from the angle you took the picture that we are looking at a proctology training simulator for giraffe veternarians...

Yeah... I'm sure its just me.

Brandee said...

LOL!! Jason, it is not just you!! That's hysterical!!

I do think it is an awesome slide!

And I love all the butterflies!