5.15.2005

UPDATE on doctor appt Friday

Friday was so nuts that I didn't have a chance to update on Zach's appointment, but basically, Dr. T checked him out and said that he has a double ear infection - AGAIN - and his recommendation was to call Dr. M (ENT guy) and schedule tubes as soon as the infection cleared.

So when I got home (at 440, of course - they close at 500), I called Dr. M's office and spoke with his nurse, who was very skeptical that it actually was an ear infection and that lots of family doctors call it an ear infection when the ear drum is red, but many things (such as crying) can make it red. She said they were seeing lots of viral stuff around that was causing fever and nasal discharge and that may have been what was wrong with Zach, so if he wasn't feeling better after a couple days on the antibiotics, we could assume it was viral. She also said that Dr. M would want to check his ears with the microscope to see if there truly was an infection, so I have to call Monday.

The gist of it is...I probably should have taken him back to Dr. M on Friday, but after having been there once earlier in the week, I figured it might be something else...plus I had already cried EAR INFECTION! and been wrong once this week--I couldn't go for two, could I?

At any rate, Zachary seems to be feeling much better after a few doses of the antibiotic - and hasn't had a fever since he started, so ol' Dr. T may have been right on on this one.

Stay tuned for more drama.

No comments: