12.19.2006

So silly...

I've discovered that life with a two-year old is NEVER boring. Take these stories for example:
  • While at Grams', when Zach and Alec (aka Popeye) were jumping on the bed, they had to take off their shirts so that they could see their belly buttons.
  • Yesterday, Grams heard a strange sound coming from the living room, and when she looked, Zachary was licking the cat. Yes, LICKING THE CAT. The strange sound was him "puh-puh-ing" to get the fur off his tongue. When I asked him, "Did you lick Baby Bear?" his reply was an enthusiastic, "YEAH!"
  • "No mama" is his newest favorite phrase. I have been prohibited from dancing, singing, commenting on Little Einsteins or any other show, and touching his airplanes or any other toy.... Hmmmm...I thought the parent-embarrassment factor didn't kick in until 12-13.
I can hardly wait to see what the future brings....

2 comments:

Kate said...

I literally laughed out loud at the licking-the-cat. Such strange creatures we have... and they're proud of the WEIRDEST things!

Lisa said...

My sympathies. I am not allowed to sing. If I try to sing along with the Wiggles I am told "No Mommy! Wiggles are singing!"

Other forbidden activities are lip-syncing to songs, or doing the dances along with the songs.

Fortunately I learned this week that this doesn't apply to just me... my brother was chastised for trying to sing, lip sync, and dance too. :D