7.29.2008

A phase?

Every nite, when I tuck Zac (we're trying out this new spelling...it's hard for me to get used to) into bed, I like to ask him what the best thing about his day was. The answers are almost always different and sometimes funny, sometimes thoughtful...but it's some of my favorite time with him.

Lately however, our conversations have been going something like this:

"So what was the best thing about today?"

silence...he's thinking, I guess....

"Poop"

"Poop?"

"Yup....no, no, wait...pooping."

"Pooping? That was the best part of your day?"

"Yup."

I KNOW that preschool boys love to talk about bathroom functions. I get that. But will the fascination ever end? Oh wait, I just googled poop jokes and fart jokes and got roughly 800,000 results.

I guess the answer is no.

3 comments:

Kristen Mouw said...

HILARIOUS!

Jason Haberman said...

Um... I'm 34 and I still like poop and fart jokes.

No, it will never go away.

Lisa said...

It's not just boys, it's preschoolers in general. They are feeling out their social taboos. They know poop is sort of dirty and forbidden and thus makes it irresistible to talk about.

Alena often tells us we have poop on our heads and then giggles hysterically.

Poop is the stuff of preschool humor.